Alpen Blueberry Coffee Cake
Made with Alpen Original
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¾ cups of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ¾ cups of Alpen Muesli (No Sugar Added) + 1 ½ cups for serving
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
For Glaze, whisk together:
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9-½
inch tube pan with non-stick spray and
- In a medium bowl, whisk together
flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and
sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one
at a time, mixing thoroughly after each
addition and stir in vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, divided
into three batches, alternating with a
½ cup of buttermilk at a time. Stir until
- In a small bowl, combine Alpen with
honey and mix until well coated.
- To assemble, pour half the batter
into pan and top with blueberries.
Spread second half of batter and top
with Alpen mixture, pressing gently to
- Bake until fully set, about 1 hour,
10 minutes. Cool completely before
removing from pan.
- To serve, cut into 12 sections and
top each slice with 2 tbs of Alpen and a
drizzle of glaze.